Yep, those buyers are snuggled in the comfort of their own dwelling cruising the Internet right now sans pants looking at your home. They have the convenience to view all those homes without having to hit the road. Potential buyers are checking out your property with intent to make a purchase.
Is your home show ready?
You as the seller need to appeal to one of the most powerful senses, the sense of, “I want it and I want now!” I’m pretty darn sure that’s one of the five senses. Yep, pretty sure!
Is the first welcome photo of the exterior of your property click-able and enticing? Does that photo illustrate the value that lay inside the home? If so congratulations you got them to stay a while and linger for a look around, their interest is peaked and they want more.
You’ve got it baby and it is called ‘curb appeal, sweet!
If not, uh-oh your home is off their list then it’s on to the next property, lickity split. You’ve lost them to that well maintained beauty down the street. You know the type, well trimmed lawns, splashes of eye catching color in the garden, fresh coat of paint, no twinkling Christmas lights in the dead of summer, attractive welcoming face err… I mean front entrance.
No matter the price range of your property, the outside appearance of your home is an important step to tempt the home-buyer to see the goodies you’ve got behind your front door. By creating that all important curb appeal you will have those drive by home-buyers screeching their brakes to sneak a peek. Take advantage of the current season to create opportunities for the best first impression for your home.
- Give that front door a fresh coat of paint.
- Shine up or replace the lighting, kick plate and doorbell.
- Need color by the door? Add a stylish wreath or basket to the front door. Maybe a new welcome mat will do the trick. Use decorative planters with greenery or colorful flowers to anchor the front door.
- Spruce up those outdoor flower beds by mulching, weeding and for heavens sake if Aunt Martha’s prized hybrid flower she gave you died…give it a proper funeral!
- Power wash that moss & gunk off the porch and home.
- Pick up the kiddies’ toys scattered through the yard.
- Leave no evidence of your beloved ‘Bandit’ on the lawn, scoop up the poop, pronto!
Illustrate the value that lay behind your font door by maintaining the outside and tempt that potential buyer to click through and see what else your home has to offer them. Once you've accomplished that, your home will have showing appointments in no time!
Need more tips? Give your local home stager a call and they will be glad to help your home get those lingering looks!
Redesigned Spaces www.redesigned-spaces.net
Specializing in Owner Occupied Homes, Floral Design, Custom Art Work, Display Work
Cynthia Bartch ~ cell: 404.509.6046
if you want to use a photo or some copy just email me... more than likely we can work it out