Yes I get it, you've got a great sense of whimsy! Maybe you're a bit loony too but your potential buyers don't need to know. In fact the signs you've hung on your walls will conjure up all kinds negative thoughts in the minds of potential buyers viewing your home.
Please resist the urge to keep those witty signs up after I've advised you to take them down and pack 'em away. Now I'm no kill-joy, I'm just looking at your property though the buyer's eyes.
When you put your home on the market it is now a product that must appeal to the masses. You must disconnect emotionally from your home now and think toward the future!
Don't plead with me that these signs add to the charm of your home. That ain't gonna fly! These gems need to go and pronto.
On the Welcome Matt:
- Go Away! ~ This one does make me giggle...but goodness gracious what a way to entice buyers.
- We Serve only the Finest Wines...Did you Bring any? ~ I enjoy the finest wines too but do you want your buyer's knowing you have to beg for booze?
In the Kitchen:
- Coffee & Buns Make the World a Better Place ~ I guess it depends on how fresh those buns really are.
- I use the Smoke Alarm for a Timer ~ Home inspection pronto!
- If We are what We Eat then I'm Fast, Easy and Cheap ~ Does your buyer need to know these intimate details about you?
In the Living Areas:
- Bless this Mess ~ Really? No buyer wants to buy a previous mess and now that it's tidy, what was that mess?
- Old Fishermen Never Die they Just Lose their Bobbers ~ Again with personal details!
In the Bathrooms:
- The Camera is for Research Purposes only ~ Can you say creeeepy?
- The 'If you sprinkle when you tinkle' sign..... ~ No one wants to have images of your messy potty habits.
- Hazardous Waste Area ~ No comment needed here, frat house alert!
Leading to the Bedroom:
- Stairway to Heaven ~ Yowsa, I have visions of an investigative news show inspecting just how clean those hotel rooms are, it ain't pretty folks!
So you still think potential buyers will appreciate your loony signs? Think again, your sense of whimsy will send them negative subliminal messages. So save the funny signs for the new home where they'll be loved and appreciated! Need more tips when sprucing up your home? Check out the links below.